Welcome!

Welcome to San Diego Dog Life! I hope you enjoy this site! I welcome you to read the blog, post comments, and give feedback.
Please Note: This site is intended for entertainment purposes, and for people to share their own personal opinions. You need to decide what is safe and healthy for your own dog.




Sunday, April 4, 2010

Did you or your dog feel the earthquake today?

First of all, Happy Easter! The weather turned out great today in San Diego, didn't it? We had a nice lunch outdoors today with family and friends. And Penny got to play with her doggy 'cousin.' I wish I had a rabbit ear headband so I could have taken a picture with it on Penny! After eating and relaxing and playing, some of our family who were sitting down felt a tremor. I was walking around at the time, which is probably why I didn't feel it. Apparently, we had a fairly significant sized earthquake. Did you feel it? I'm hearing different reports now of it being a 6.9 or 7.2 earthquake with the epicenter being in Baja California. After listening to everyone we were with talk about what they felt and what they saw moving, I started to wonder if Penny felt it, or if she sensed it ahead of time. Can dogs sense earthquakes before they happen? I've heard that they do, but I didn't know if it was true. I did a search online, but there wasn't anything conclusive. I don't recall any strange behavior from Penny before the earthquake, other than her trying to sneak some food off my sister's plate when she wasn't looking, but that's not strange...that's typical Penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment