Welcome!

Welcome to San Diego Dog Life! I hope you enjoy this site! I welcome you to read the blog, post comments, and give feedback.
Please Note: This site is intended for entertainment purposes, and for people to share their own personal opinions. You need to decide what is safe and healthy for your own dog.




Sunday, August 29, 2010

Surf Dog Ricochet

What an amazing San Diego dog! Check out Surf Dog Ricochet and all the wonderful things this dog does to support others in need! Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGODurRfVv4 to an inspirational video on You Tube that tells about her story and an example of how her talents have been put to incredible use to help others. Ricochet is a surfing dog, or rather SURFicing dog (serving others), who raises money for some great causes.

Click on the link above to read more about Ricochet, find out about surf dog events, help support/donate to these causes, learn how to teach your dog to surf, and more! Here is a little bit of Ricochet's story--from the perspective of Ricochet--that she tells on her website. "I'm a multi faceted SURFice dog that has raised thousands and thousands of dollars for charitable causes (over $47,500 in just 10 months!), and inspired millions of people with my SURFice dog video, which went viral and has over 2.6 million views! I also surf for fun, and have won several surf dog competitions. But, my main focus is working with people with disabilities in a non traditional way, and supporting human/animal causes....I was born, and raised as part of the Puppy Prodigies Neo-Natal & Early Learning Program with hopes of becoming a service dog for a person with a disability. But, they tell me I'm a little too interested in chasing birds, and other small animals. So, my career path changed, and instead of becoming a service dog, I became a SURFice dog! Now, I have a personal initiative called "Surfin' for Paws-abilities" which raises awareness, and funds for human/animal causes....When I'm not surfing or fund raising, I'm involved in goal assisted therapy working with children through Pawsitive Teams or animal assisted activities through Therapy Dogs Incorporated....I also love lure coursing, and chasing birds and other critters very, VERY much! I hope you enjoy learning about my surfing adventures, surf contests, and fundraising efforts... as much as I enjoy doing them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment